If your loved one or friend has just been diagnosed with cancer, you probably have a lot of questions about being the best caregiver possible. PearlPoint’sCaregiver Handbook is a reliable source of information. All the content in the Handbook has been reviewed by medical professionals across the U.S. who serve on PearlPoint’s Scientific Advisory Team. The Caregiver Handbook from PearlPointCancer Support contains everything you need to know to more confidently manage your role as a caregiver for a cancer survivor.
What is a caregiver? A caregiver is simply anyone who helps to care for a loved one with cancer. You may not think of yourself as a caregiver. You may just see it as taking care of someone you love, but what you are doing is extremely important. Helping a loved one with cancer isn’t always easy. Caregiving can be a difficult,full-time job. At PearlPoint, through the Caregiver Handbook, we hope to make that job a little easier.
Using the Caregiver Handbook, you will learn about the following aspects of being a caregiver:
- Providing care for a patient going through the different types of cancer treatment- surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation
- Serving healthy meals
- Communicating with the healthcare team
- Managing the practical issues of caregiving such as finances
- Caring for your own mental and physical wellbeing
- Transitioning out of the caregiver role after treatment ends
The Caregiver Handbook also includes worksheets and printouts that you can use to keep track of important information such as your loved one’s medical history and appointments.
Access the Caregiver Handbook here.