The year-end offers that wonderful opportunity for reflection. As we celebrate the close of another year, all of us involved with PearlPoint Cancer Support are incredibly thankful for our many blessings.
The growth we experienced in 2013 was remarkable. More than 25,000 patient families from all over the United States and Canada turned to us for information, guidance and support. The loving testimonies we received from thankful families continue to encourage us. Through the dedication of our Board, donors, volunteers, and staff, we celebrate 26 years helping adults impacted by cancer.
Other “pearls” from 2013 include:
- Launching My PearlPoint in February, providing an online cancer support partner for survivors and co-survivors that offers trusted information and guidance anytime, anywhere
- Capturing 52 “Mission Moments” over the course of the year, celebrating the number of ways we’ve been able to create more confident cancer journeys for our clients
- Creating 29 new videos, bringing the expert advice and knowledge of physicians, nurses, and survivors straight to thousands of viewers
- Developing our first mobile app, the Cancer Side Effects Helper, which launched in December in the iTunes and Google Play stores
- Receiving an Interest Award from the Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence
To see more about PearlPoint’s joyful year, review the latest news section of our website. As we head into a new year, we are encouraged by the tremendous opportunities and exciting collaborations on the horizon, and we again express our gratitude for your generous support. It is much appreciated. Without the generosity of so many, none of this would be possible. I am privileged to lead such a tremendous organization that provides incredible value for those facing a difficult cancer journey.
Wishing you a wonderful 2014!
Susan Earl Hosbach, CFRE
President & CEO